On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 19:44:45 -0800
Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org> wrote:

> +1
>
> This may be a good project for me to participate in, along with people
> who know AOO internals. I have a lot of practical experience with
> tracking down and fixing extremely obscure intermittent bugs in
> operating systems and prototypes of cache coherent multiprocessor
> servers, so I'm not scared of them.
>
> Now getting AOO to build on Windows 8.1......
>
> Patricia

A side effect of curing this problem may be an increase in time taken to Save
OpenOffice files.  In writing an OpenOffice ODF file the last component written
to the user profile is file registrymodifications.xcu (work of Forum volunteer
John_Ha - reference available if required).  This file is frequently damaged by
premature shutdown; damage to it is a reason for the frequently reported loss
of spellchecking. John_Ha has also located possible reasons for oft-reported
loss of illustrations.

Rory

Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>