On 12/30/2015 2:10 AM, Marcus wrote:
Am 12/30/2015 04:44 AM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
+1

This may be a good project for me to participate in, along with people
who know AOO internals. I have a lot of practical experience with
tracking down and fixing extremely obscure intermittent bugs in
operating systems and prototypes of cache coherent multiprocessor
servers, so I'm not scared of them.

Now getting AOO to build on Windows 8.1......

great, this is indeed one of our most anoying bugs. If there is a way to
fix it, please try to help here. I could think of changing the order of
files that get written on AOO shutdown.

The first step is to gather together, in one place, all known
information about the bug. Bugzilla seems like a good place to do that.

As asked below, is there a Bugzilla # on this? If not, we should
create one. If, as is often the case, there are multiple numbers, we
should pick one to be the canonical repository for information about the
bug.

Once we have a Bugzilla number, anyone who knows anything, from basic
symptoms to theories for a fix, should record their knowledge there.

It sounds like that is what we should be working on, if we continue to
offer the option.

Is there a Bugzilla # on this?