On 8/9/2016 3:12 PM, Marcus wrote:
we have a documented release process here [1]. Of course it's for a full
release. But for a bugfix (or emergency) release it can be derived and
then shortend.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release+Planning+Template

That is the documentation I found before. Looking only at the steps
labeled "Release Manager", I do know how to make announcements on
mailing lists, even if I do sometimes get into autocomplete tangles and
pick the wrong list, and how to run votes.

That leaves

"Update RN with new languages"

"Start release blocker mode (aka show stopper mode)"

"Commit changes to reflect the upcoming release:

    Version number, build ID, build date+time, copyright year"

(I do know how to commit changes to svn, but not which file or files to modify)

"Build the RC"

"Update Wiki page to make the files available

    Development Snapshot Build
    Make sure the files have the correct access permissions"

"Upload files to Apache Dist/SourceForge

    Make sure to set the staging bit for the Beta directory"

"Create a "kid" build:

    This helpful and often asked for translation testing.
    Announce it on dev@, qa@, l10n@"