On 8/8/2016 11:14 AM, Marcus wrote:
Am 08/08/2016 07:28 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
On 07/08/2016 Marcus wrote:
Maybe we are not that far aways from each other. What I want to to avoid
is to provide hundreads of MBs for a single fix. Of course we can do a
4.1.3 with some collected fixes. As I don't know what is coming in the
future I would not love to see another 4.1.4, 4.1.5, 4.1.6, etc. when
the calendar is still showing 2016. ;-)

The right trade-off would be between two and three releases a year
(including maintenance releases).

Based on history, we've never been -and we are not- in a "release now
since there is a known critical exploit circulating", so the "emergency
release" is not likely to happen often.

It will be enough to be in a permanent "ready to release" mode (where
work is still mostly on the infrastructure side, the rest is OK) and use
this readiness to ship emergency releases in the unlikely case we need
one, and a few maintenance/feature releases from time to time.

it seems we have the same wish with regard to releases. We can just hope
that this can come true.

+1 on "ready to release" mode. However, rather than just hoping it can
come true, I would like to work on a plan to make it come true.