[orcmid]

I think that is a great approach, Patricia.

> I would like to see every possible medium used to present one message:
> "AOO is at serious risk of dying, unless we get more volunteer
> developers, especially C++ programmers."
>
> I know we need other skills as well, but I don't want to dilute or
> complicate that message.

> just for signing up and organizing new developers. No need for them to
> start with dev@, especially the less experienced developers. Just send
> an e-mail to recruitment@
[orcmid]

We can, of course, add a mailing list.  That does mean we need moderators and
we also need someone to watch the list and figure out what to do with the
offers.

Something we can easily do already [as well], and we have not acted on it, is
add the ASF Help Wanted widget in a number of places.  We can then populate the
database the Widget uses with specific requests for assistance on Apache
OpenOffice.  The benefit is that (1) these can be focused tasks, (2) the Help
Wanted will also be visible in other places among the Help Wanted from other
projects, and (3) the Help Wanted item provides enough properties about skill
requirements and nature of the task, as well as a link to details that help the
interested volunteer find details enough to decide how to contribute.

Addition of the help-wanted widget can be done immediately.

I have another promised activity for this US Holiday weekend, but I will dig
into that too.

 - Dennis