Am 09/08/2016 12:31 AM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
Marcus wrote:
As I have now some experience on building OpenOffice, I've also seen
that there are alot of wikipages that describe to some degree of detail
how to build.

The most important fix would be to annotate all outdated ones properly.
Search engines apparently love our outdated content and we've seen
examples on this list recently too.

I would like to consolidate them into a one or maybe very few:
1. Search for everything that's available.
2. Cluster the pages that are duplicates or similar.
3. Combine the content with moving, merging, rearranging, deleting.
4. Finally, we have one or a few references everyone can save as
browser bookmarks.

The only browser bookmark should be
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
and the rest should be easily reachable from there.

that's a good point that I will following in any case. Just a single link to bookmark.

It's really hidden in a good way as I havn't found it again. Where are
the configure options for the official releases we have done so far?

I've apparently hidden it very well! I had to send the link a dozen
times to this list. Here it is again:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/

(it's best to use it as a link in the build-related wiki pages).

OK

FYI:
At the moment it seems more traffic in the different build guide incl. updating than in the past. In order not to interferre them and not to upset new devs, I will wait a bit longer with my updates when the current ones have settle down.

More time for me to think about structure, content and links.

Marcus