> On 05 Dec 2016, at 11:32, Pedro Giffuni <p...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Objective C? Yacc? Cygwin? Custom compiler flags to disable C++ exception
>> handling, build some files with optimizations disabled?
>>
>> Our build systems are not our biggest problem. Meson, or SCons, or others,
>> could be good if we were starting a new project. We aren't. We are
>> maintaining one we poorly understand.
>>

> I agree the build system is not our biggest problem.
>
>> Porting to Meson will not be any easier than porting to gbuild. Writing
>> gbuild code becomes easy with practice. *Understanding* dmake / build.lst /
>> d.lst is hard...
>>

> So you are now a fan of gbuild? ;).
>
> Moving python would be a huge step forward towards getting rid of dmake
> as it seems to be required for any alternative build system (other than
> gbuild which of course would require it to build with gbuild anyways).

I presume that LibreOffice also uses the same build system? Would they be
interested in using Meson, you think? Note, I hope that any notion of invidious
difference (e.g., competitive and implicitly jealous differentiation) plays no
role here in the larger goal of making building OpenOffice more feasible for
more.
Louis