On 05.12.2016 23:39, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:

Porting to Meson will not be any easier than porting to gbuild. Writing
gbuild code becomes easy with practice. *Understanding* dmake / build.lst /
d.lst is hard...

So you are now a fan of gbuild? ;).

Moving python would be a huge step forward towards getting rid of dmake
as it seems to be required for any alternative build system (other than gbuild
which of course would require it to build with gbuild anyways).
I presume that LibreOffice also uses the same build system? Would they be
interested in using Meson, you think? Note, I hope that any notion of invidious
difference (e.g., competitive and implicitly jealous differentiation) plays no
role here in the larger goal of making building OpenOffice more feasible for
more.
Louis
Interesting Idea. Never thought of that. It seems like they already moved away from dmake.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux

I would have been surprised if the Distros would not have done the change. But it could help us, couldnt it?