Unless there's some compelling technical reason for keep SVN, of which
I am unaware, I am +1 on switching to Git.  If nothing else, from an
"optics" perspective it keeps potential new contributors from looking
at the project and thinking "SVN? WTF? Why is this project using
obsolete tech like that???"

NOTE: I am not saying SVN is obsolete... but I expect a lot of devs do
think it is, given how faddish the tech world is.   And I wouldn't
advocate switching for the sake of switching if Git weren't genuinely
a good, probably better, option in it's own right.

All of that said, this definitely shouldn't hold up an imminent release.

Phil

This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM