How about we ask the community if we need to support centOS6?
If no one uses CentOS6 maybe we make a fuzz for nothing. I am not aware that
another distro is using that old versions.

The important thing is how much users we say we need to extend the support to
CentOS 6?

I would also include the symbolic patch that Damjan provided. So we can build
gstreamer support in general, but do not have to deliver it.