Hi Markus,

Please understand that I assume a per default some resistance towards change. I see it as feature not as failure, we are a bit conservative for a reason.

But as a reaction I save my time a bit, where I think it is a waste.

So which Information do you exactly need?

My Current status:

STLPort is still considered ->  I see no counter arguments to wards removal from code, it will stay in the repository. I am fine with a tag if that helps. I want to write a proposal in may.

BEANSHELL is canceled, because my understand that it moved into Apache Common is wrong.

STAX is still considered, because it is now part of a JDK. Therefor the work includes to ensure that all Calls point to the JDK delivered Stax and still work. Hope fully May.

SAXON is undecided on my end. I overlooked the dependency to filter (a error in my dependency overview). I am not sure if I really want to migrate to libXML2, which needs to be done in order to make Saxon obsolete.

On the other hand we should investigate to update Saxon to version 10. So I am not sure which way is better. Especially since I would like to move away from libXML2 in long term. I am in favor of Apache Xerxes, which is a more natural partner for us. And I have an Idea how filter should evolve. But all this are other stories.

All the Best

Peter