+1

Am 24.05.20 um 10:05 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
Hi,

Thank you very much for explanation and far-sighted proposal. I hope others
will agree and I might finally enjoy peace of mind for...
"Roma locuta, causa finita" [1].   ;‑)

Kind regards,

Czesław

[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Roma_locuta,_causa_finita

Am So., 24. Mai 2020 um 09:20 Uhr schrieb Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>:

On Sat, 23 May 2020 22:34:03 +0200
Czesław Wolański <czeslaw.wolan...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Apache OpenOffice Product Description, section "Why Apache OpenOffice?"

https://www.openoffice.org/product/index.html#why-apache-openoffice

Not being a native English speaker I have some doubts about one part (2nd
bulleted list, 2nd item):

"It's easy to change to Apache OpenOffice - the software reads all major
competitors' files"

 From a purely linguistic perspective: is wording "reads all major
competitors' files" to be understood as:

- it reads all files of major competitors
   OR
- it reads files of all major competitors

Best regards,

Czesław Wolański
Best to rephrase: reads most file types of major competitors.

I say "most" to allow for occasional inabilities to read some .docx and
perhaps others not yet developed.
--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>