Hi Pedro, Matthias, and all;
Please see comments in line

On 7/12/2020 6:08 PM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Pedro,
>
> Am 13.07.20 um 00:04 schrieb Pedro Lino:
>> Hi Matthias, all
>>
>>> What we must not forget is that on October 13th we have the 20
>>> anniversary of OpenOffice.org.
>>>
>>> One way or the other, we need a working website around that time.
>>>
>>> Additionally I would like to release AOO 4.1.8 and we must have a
>>> working download page for that.
>>> (Side note: At the moment I am the only volunteer for 4.1.8 but maybe
>>> others show their interest?)
I am also here Matthias along with starting the Release Notes; I have
finished a review of the next to last test build you did, and will
re-run that test against the the latest one.
>> Wouldn't it make sense to focus on 4.2.0 and make it the anniversary release
>> 4.20th on the 20th anniversary?
>>
>> Can't we motivate the developers to focus on this common goal and fix the
>> remaining release blockers?
>
> The release blockers are not trivial and known for ages...
>
> But maybe you have better luck than me (with motivating)? ;-)

Not only that, but running a search on Bugzilla looking at Issues marked
as Milestone 4.2.0 there are 267 items. That is a lot of items, some may
have been already done, others may be hanging out there unfinished for
whatever reason. With that number it should be looked at closely and
well could complicate getting a 4.2.0 Release done and we need to get a
release fairly soon to keep on track for a once a year release. The
search I use is 4.2.0Milestone and is set as shared so anyone can run it.

Regards
Keith