On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 6:12 PM Arrigo Marchiori <ard...@yahoo.it.invalid>
wrote:

> Dear Damjan, All,
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 07:56:22PM +0200, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 9:57 PM Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm gonna look into the serf->(lib)curl option... Since we don't use
> any
> > > of the fancy features of serf, I'm thinking that the easy option might
> be
> > > best
> >

> > Hi
> >
> > I've ported our WebDAV content provider module from Serf to Curl.
>
> Binary for Linux available here for download:
>
> https://home.apache.org/~ardovm/openoffice/linux/openoffice4-serf2curl-2022-04-28-installed.tar.bz2
>
> I understand from your previous message that you don't really like
> GitHub, so I am writing here.
>
> [...]
> > STATUS
> >
> > It builds and works well on FreeBSD and Windows.
> >
> > Most of the code was reused, and all the operations and semantics
> > previously present with Serf, should have been preserved.
> >
> > Browsing WebDAV files and directories, loading files, overwriting them
> > ("Save"), creating them ("Save As"), renaming and deleting them, all
> works.
>
> I am testing the binary for Linux linked above.
>
> I tried "Open" and entered a https address, that I know is password
> protected.
>
> The current trunk would ask for the password. I got an error message
> instead:
>
> > > Nonexistent object.
> > > Nonexistent file.
>
> The address I tried to open is in the form https://host.domain:port/
>
> I tried to substitute "https" with "davs" and I got the same error.
>
> Maybe something is going wrong in the Linux build?
>
> I will now begin recompiling with debugging symbols enabled. Please
> let me know how I can help.

That's not good :(.

Set your macro security to "Medium", open the spreadsheet I've attached,
and run the "RunMe" Basic macro. That should enable logging to the console
at the finest level of detail. Then exit and re-run AOO like this:
soffice 2>&1 | tee /tmp/log.txt
and examine the console output interactively as you use AOO, and/or check
the log file afterwards. It should have everything, our logging, HTTP
request and response headers and bodies, Curl's internal logging.

If you can't see anything obviously wrong, send me that log file, but audit
it carefully first, it will probably contain your password in plaintext!

> [...]
> > P.S. APACHE 2.4 SETUP FOR TESTING
> [...]
>
> I still have to try this. Thank you for this tutorial!!

Pleasure :).