Am 30.08.22 um 00:26 schrieb Dave Fisher:

On Aug 29, 2022, at 2:47 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

On 29/08/22 Peter Kovacs wrote:
We have 3 servers. Maybe we can deploy the service there?
Technically this would be possible, sure
Yes, but do we want to support Drupal ourselves? It’s something like OpenGrok,
Pootle, MediaWiki, and phpBB that will need periodic maintenance.

I talked about an email service so the drupal Website can sent passwort reset emails. Not the drupal site itself.

But I think these sites were moved to external hosting since the ASF had
concerns, at the time, with the many different licenses used by the Extensions
and Templates hosted on those sites.
Exactly
I don't know if things have changed now. Otherwise this would still be the main
reason for hosting the two sites outside the ASF.
And still.

If everyone is touching this system with a 10 feet pole. I am not sure if the AOO extension service is in an healthy situation for the project . I mean there is still the FSF statement [1] on the net, which is not nice. The current situation is that Andrea is stepping up for the email service. I do not have the feeling that the extension page is much of an interest to SF.net. And it seems the ASF is also not particular fond of this system.

Should we maybe rethink the extension web service? Before volunteers can work what to do, we need to have a vision, and clearly make plans what to do.

All the best

Peter

Regards,
  Andrea.