Hello All,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2023 at 07:18:37PM +0200, Marcus wrote:

> Am 06.10.23 um 18:39 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> > On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 18:31:01 +0200
> > Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> > > I hope so, as this is a good way to get it installed when necessary.

> > > Nevertheless is a hint is helpful. ;-)
> > > Therefore I've create new release notes for 4.1.15 and add a text at the
> > > end "For Linux Users":
> > >
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.15+Release+Notes

+1 for mentioning it in the release notes.

> > > Help needed:
> > > I know how to check and install the library via RPM. But how to do it
> > > with the DEB package system?
> >
> > Typically in a deb system the install command for package.deb is
> >
> > sudo dpkg -i package.deb

I'd rather suggest:

sudo apt install libgdk-pixbuf-xlib-2.0-0

On Debian-based systems, apt fetches the package from the
distribution's archives, together with any missing dependencies, and
then install it.  It's more like the dnf comand.

dpkg only works on packages you already downloaded.
It's like the rpm command.

Best regards,
--
Arrigo