Hi Bidouille

> On 07/17/2024 7:32 AM WEST Bidouille <ooofo...@free.fr> wrote:

> Microsoft seems to be engage to support ODF 1.4
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111685
> Shouldn't we take the plunge and jump directly in 1.4?

The short answer would be yes. But we need someone with the skills and the time
to do it...

Regarding the MS move, I find it odd that they are implementing a version that
has not been released...

https://groups.oasis-open.org/communities/tc-community-home2?CommunityKey=4bf06d41-79ad-4c58-9e8e-018dc7d05da8

https://opendocumentformat.org/

I hope it is not another "Embrace, extend, and extinguish" strategy for which
MS is famous for...

In current versions they are making XML files incompatible with their own
previous Office versions and seem to be discontinuing the binary formats (DOC,
XLS, etc)

In the words of an old movie "In the end there can be only one!"

Regards,
Pedro