On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 6:34 AM Bidouille <ooofo...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
> Microsoft seems to be engage to support ODF 1.4
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=111685
> Shouldn't we take the plunge and jump directly in 1.4?

It doesn't really work like that. The changes are additive. The 1.4
documents will probably list changes from 1.3, so we first have to finish
1.3 to know what to change.

Only if 1.4 removes some ODF feature that 1.3 added, can work for us be
reduced. But that's extremely unlikely.

On the other hand, what we publicize to users is up to us. We could quietly
finish 1.3 and then proceed to develop 1.4, and only then publicize 1.4
support.

And why is Microsoft so eager to support ODF, before even LO?

Regards
Damjan