I now spent two days trying to compile OO. I tried
different ways, read the Wiki and linked documents but
always failed. What is it that makes you so hostile
against people who try compiling OO?

As I wrote two days ago, a simple build of the 2.0.1
tarball failed after 17 hours (resp. I don't even know
if it failed, but at least it didn't run). That was
with dmake in toplevel dir.
Then I tried compiling it from 2.0.1 CVS (with build
debug=true --all) which was even worse. First it threw
  error: duplicate `static`
when build was called with debug=true in
store/source/filelckb.cxx.

Then minutes after that another problem arose while
processing some file I forgot into an html and I was
stuck.

Then I tried ooo-build (ooo-build-src680.150.0). Not
mentioning its configure doesn't understand
--with-gnu-cp and --with-gnu-patch so it's hard to get
it work on FreeBSD. But what stopped everything was
that patching
psprint_config/configuration/ppds/makefile.mk with
psprint_config-no-orig.diff failed even before
compilation started.

Why the hell can't you produce code that at least
builds?

Johannes