On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 16:19 +0200, Frank Schönheit - wrote:
> (separating out the following from the more general discussion)

        :-)

> I meant what I said: "never". Not even restarting OOo gives me back the
> quickstarter. Well, not really never: When I erase my OOo user data
> directory I get it back, but that's not really something I'd do with my
> production installation :)

        Oh wow, that's really silly; honestly though I have no idea how it
manages to be on by default for you :-) the code that does this is
(pseudo-code) sfx2/source/appl/shutdownicon.cxx:

bool ShutdownIcon::GetAutoStart()
..
        return fileExists ("~/.config/autostart/qstart.desktop")

        It's not that clear to me how it can possibly be finding that .desktop
file there post 1st install; that is unless you have some other
'qstart.desktop' for some other program that is autostarted [ I guess
it's not the world's most unique name ].

        Any ideas ? what's in that directory ? and/or does it exist ? what are
the permissions ? could you open an issue ? an strace/truss of the
process over attempting to re-enable the quick-starter would be most
helpful; also OS wise - I guess this is Solaris - is that so ?

        Thanks,

                Michael.

--
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot