Hallo,

That depends what you want to do. OOo can set a password on a document when
you save through File -> Save As. Bear in mind that the encryption is strong,
so if you lose the password you lose the data. It is not practical to try to
break it with current technology, AIUI. There is only type of encryption
possible defined by OOo now.

this is misapprehension ... finally not for users@openoffice.org ...

Do you know Gnome Keyring Manager? Or do you know Firefox Password
Manager? Looks like not. I would like to do modify OpenOffice.org in
this way ...

- extend WebDAV support and modify file picker,
- provide password management for WebDAV (and others) accounts

... so, users can store their WebDAV passwords within OpenOffice.org.
These passwords can be protected with Master password like in Firefox.
And I'm asking, if OpenOffice.org provides framework, has an API, to
store this kind of information. Safely.

--
Robert Vojta