Robert Vojta wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> That depends what you want to do. OOo can set a password on a document when
>> you save through File -> Save As. Bear in mind that the encryption is strong,
>> so if you lose the password you lose the data. It is not practical to try to
>> break it with current technology, AIUI. There is only type of encryption
>> possible defined by OOo now.
>
> this is misapprehension ... finally not for users@openoffice.org ...
>
> Do you know Gnome Keyring Manager? Or do you know Firefox Password
> Manager? Looks like not. I would like to do modify OpenOffice.org in
> this way ...
>
> - extend WebDAV support and modify file picker,
> - provide password management for WebDAV (and others) accounts

I forgot to mention: our password manager is used currently exactly for
these purposes (IIRC). So if you open a WebDAV folder, enter your
password and later on open the same folder again (without closing Ooo in
between) the password should be remembered.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.