Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> On 11/6/06, Niklas Nebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Kohei Yoshida wrote:

>> > I like the way you put it.  This is essentially what I was trying to
>> > say in my post.  Looks like we're on the same page here.
>>
>> But note how "the original goal laid out in the spec wasn't reached"
>> implies that there was a spec to begin with.
>
> Ah, nice catch. :-)  Obviously my eyes quickly skipped over that sentence.
>
> Jokes aside, I would change that sentence to "the original goal laid
> out wasn't reached" (leave out the spec part).  This doesn't mean that
> we can't use the spec, but means that the sentence should cover cases
> where the spec wasn't used (e.g. the intended behavior may have been
> laid out in the issue, but not necessarily in the form of a
> specification document).

Agreed. We shouldn't focus on specs as a formal document but on the
content that allows us to describe the goal and the delivered
implementation to all necessary stakeholders in simple, comprehensive
and hopefully unambiguous terms.

Ciao,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.