Jim Watson wrote:
Enno,

the original question (I may have mis-read) I thought was "after building, how can it be run?" Now i see it is more about solver, about which I have no experience. I will make some very brief comments below, and reply more fully later today. maybe someone else will comment?

With solver still have to build but that got slowly hidden in my messages. Solver does still not do much solving for me but ...

I think the best thing would be to download the released installation that matches your solver version and use that one to drop in your changes.

jim

I read the documentation for the umpteenth time and noticed that
dmake does a build and a deliver. I could do
    porting/sal> build debug=true
so now I did
    porting/sal> deliver
As documented that transfers all files built (any a few more) to the solver tree.

Invoking the 'soffice' script in solver tree still does not work but followed your idea and replaced link for libuno_sal.so.3 in opt/openoffice.org2.0/program to point to new library in solver.
That works so now I can start the real quest.

Still would like to know how to run 'properly' from solver but less urgent.

Thanks for help.

Enno