Hello Frank,

Frank Meies - Sun Germany - Development - Software Engineer wrote:
Hi Martin,

On 03/06/07 02:11, Martin Whitaker wrote:

[cut]
A way of significantly reducing the quantity of changes required would
be to change the definition of the enumeration type FontUnderline so
that it could represent all possible combinations of underline and
overline style (i.e. store the underline and overline styles as two
separate bit fields within a FontUnderline value). So the question is,
which would be more acceptable - a patch that changed many files and
classes, or a patch that contains fewer changes, but is a bit of a
kludge?

I think the patch that changes many files and classes is the way to go
here. You would have to start creating a new SvxOverlineItem, analogous
to the SvxUnderlineItem.

OK, that was my preference too.

Finally, I am currently developing my patches against the 680_m6
(version 2.1.0) snapshot. What tag point should I be using?

I would suggest to move to a more current SRC680 milestone (205 is the
latest right now) to avoid conflicts during integration. I can also offer to create a cws for you.

I was expecting to submit the patches via IssueZilla as this will be
my first contribution. If you would prefer me to work in a cws, let me
know, otherwise I will continue developing against the latest stable
milestone.

Please sent any further questions to the Writer mailing list
(dev@sw.openoffice.org).

Will do - although I guess these changes are going to have an impact
outside the Writer project.

Best regards,

Martin