Eike Rathke wrote:
Hi Bernd,

Hi Eike,

On Wednesday, 2007-11-14 18:02:29 +0100, Bernd Eilers wrote:

This can even be automated (sic!), since for the feature mail, you need
to specify a project, anyway, which means the mail goes to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Adding some additional "feedback to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]" should be easily possible, /me thinks.

As a side note: users@ lists are irregularly read by developers, and for
some projects like framework a [EMAIL PROTECTED] doesn't even exist and
wouldn't make much sense either. Better would be some
[EMAIL PROTECTED] list.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] lists doesn´t exist either and the idea of Frank was basically to direct replies to project specific list. What we can do tough is to use the users@<project> list if it exists, use the dev@<project> list if it doesn´t exist and if even that one does not exist use the dev@openoffice.org mailing list.

I bet you want to have the Reply-To: Mail header also set accordingly and not just the sentence added at the end of the text than, don't you ;-) ?

Doing this users hitting the reply button on mail received via the allfeatures list will than automatically reply to the right list.

Bear in mind that CollabNet does Reply-To munging (yes, still considered
harmful) so you would end up with two different Reply-To headers where
it depends on order and the mail client which one would actually be
used. Nothing reliable.

You mean they actually write a Reply-To: Header even if one already exists, what a mess!

  Eike

Bernd