Hi Bernd,

> So the question is what shall we do for api changes mails as opposed to
> feature-mails. Just always use [EMAIL PROTECTED] or look
> at the ModulesAffected list and direct to appropiate project specific
> list? If the later is the case what do we do if more than one module is
> affected?
>
> I think it would be best to just use interface-discuss for
> api-changes-mails, what do you think?

Yes.

I am not sure what's the sense of the "module affected" field when
writing an interface announcement. I can fill it in, but it does not
seem to make any difference.

I usually fill it for API changes which are not really of global
interest, but mostly interesting to the developers working in the
respective project.

If that is a valid interpretation of this field, then a) it would have
to be named "projects affected" instead of "modules affected", and b)
the feedback should probably go to dev@<project> by default.

Not sure. In any case, globally directing feedback to interface-discuss
is probably sufficient.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -