Hi Eike,

> This seems to be a misunderstanding, the @ooo I used above was meant to
> be read as @openoffice.org, no project involved.

Okay, I in fact misunderstood it. So you also suggested one global
feedback list ...

>> Perhaps [EMAIL PROTECTED] could be the choice
>> then. It would contradict my understanding of "dev", since it's really a
>> user discussing the feature ...
>
> Seconded. Feedback should also be possible for everyone, not only
> subscribed users, which doesn't suit the dev@ lists.

I am uncertain this works. In DBA, I needed to set up all lists to
"subscribed or moderated only", simply due to the amount of spam we got.
The same might be true for any global list, especially if it's mentioned
in the feature mails (which means its address can easily be collected).
But it is worth a try, probably.

>> Another possibility: we use a global [EMAIL PROTECTED] (either [EMAIL
>> PROTECTED], or
>> a new dedicated feedback list). At least the UX member of the iTeam will
>> read this, and can delegate to the appropriate list.
>
> Would that scale?

Not sure.
Normally, if we would have a culture of not only announcing the final
feature, but also the various spec stages, then need for discussion
about the feature mail might be lower. It would, of course, move the
problem to the "spec-feedback phase", but here the writer of the
announcement can control (to some extent) where to direct the feedback to.

>> However, looking at some recent feature mails in DBA, it seems somebody
>> already sets a "reply-to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" - not sure whether this is EIS,
>> or
>> collab.net.
>
> hmm.. now that you mention, same for sc. I recall that [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> already
> received replies to feature mails. I assume this is setup at Collab, so
> if changed there

Hehe. "Changed at collab.net"? That's some very distorted reality you
live in :)

> the reply-to munging problem would be moot on these
> allowed-posters lists.
>
> The allfeatures list though has Reply-To [EMAIL PROTECTED] ...

Since in my understanding, nowadays the all-features list is served by
EIS, too, we might be able to at least add an additional (proper)
reply-to header there.

Ciao
Frank
--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -