Amen to that!

Plus:

1. Documentation is the suckiest thing about OpenOffice.org SDKs and
APIs. If OOo has been modularized, then nobody ever noticed. Is there
a module dependency diagram anywhere? (This was a rhetorical question,
of course.) We need a central, comprehensive, well-organized and
up-to-date documentation web-site (take a look at how Google documents
their toolkits). The official documentation is so badly
organized/out-of-date/incorrect/incomplete that even Google fails to
find relevant information. My major source has been so far the mail
archive where people report their questions and sometimes get their
answers, yet nobody ever cares to update the documentation so that
others could find it easily.
2. OOo file filters must become a standalone project that could be
shared with KOffice, AbiWord and others. In general, having ability to
use filters outside OOo is a major advantage. There are so many
use-cases for filters other than opening Word files for editing in
OOo. Content management systems (Alfresco), reporting software
(JFreeReports), document intelligence (redaction), web-office suites
(Zoho, GDocs), etc, all need multi-format support. Needless to say
that this will tremendously increase the quality of the filters as you
gain access to a much bigger developer community. Open-source is about
avoiding reinventing the wheel and about enhancing the existing wheel.

Cheers,

Yegor