Hi Mathias,

you wrote:
> I think that your blog is a little bit unfair and so I posted a comment.

Sorry if it came across like that - I did not mention your name
there, as this was not meant as a personal attack, but I was rather
challenging this (IMO) wide-spread mind-set the quote so nicely
captured.

> Or more precicely: our problems are grouped objects and form controls
> that don't support the idea of a 1:n relation between core and layout
> properly. But we haven't given up. Would be nice to get some support of
> people in the know (perhaps you?).

Although my personal focus would be more on the gsl side of things,
I wouldn't rule out the possibility ;) Any more details (maybe
off-list)?

> I would be glad to see my apprehension unjustified. I don't want my
> statement be understood as a "I never would do that because the users
> won't like it", more like a "before I will do that I must have the
> impression that it can be accepted by the users".

Nah. The dilemma I was referring to is that the users will _not_
accept it this year, but two or three years down the road, they'll
flock over to those other offerings nevertheless, _despite_ the fact
that those are worse than OOo on that metric - because their value
network has changed, i.e. all of a sudden the relative importance of
e.g. collaboration or ease of use & backward compatibility has changed.

> So while this statement isn't a description of the status quo only, it
> also isn't a vision. It's just "loud thinking" about how I could
> implement my vision. As promised elsewhere in this thread I will present
> them (or the more general part of it) soon.

Looking forward, really. :)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten