eric b wrote:
Hi Martin,

Le 5 oct. 08 à 15:53, Martin Hollmichel a écrit :

Reading :

I think we need to revisit these guidelines and may invent a new category like "OOo related" projects.

and

Candidates for this project might be the [EMAIL PROTECTED] but also the Extensions or the Education project.

and

To encourage the creation of such projects I would like to see the conditions for those project at a low level. At the same time this also would mean that these project are also not in the scope of the Community Council Charter (http://council.openoffice.org/CouncilProposal.html).

Can you please explain me more about the consequences for the OpenOffice.org Education Project ( and for the other mentionned of course ) of such a change ?
since these are just my thoughts right now, there are for the moment no consequences at all. I was wondering, if the education project have the chance to get an accepted project at all, since the education does not directly deliver into ""Accepted Projects Category" refers to those projects that include core technical projects as well as key user information projects". IMHO we need to have a discussion, once we have a new category introduced, if, and if yes, how these category get represented in the CC.
Means no longer be considered as OOo Project (even an incubator one) , but sort of new category nobody knows anything, named "OOo related" project ?

I have to admit, that "OOo related" is surely not a good choice, I hope that other come with better names.
For me , "Out of scope " sounds something like "dropped" out of OpenOffice.org Project, or " we don't want to manage that " or worse.

This is surely not what I intended with that discussion, but from my point of view there should be a roadmap for every project, how they will represented in the overall project, once they have been established. So at all, defining in which category a project will fit, leads to better expectation for the future of the project.

In the moment, it is not clear to me, if the Education will ever have a chance to get an accepted project, so a discussion about the categories and how projects match to categories will hopefully help all project, so I think this discussion will help the Education project.
Please explain me.

I think projects like documentation, education, qa etc are quite important, maybe we need a better description for "key user information projects" or we'd might even better an own category for these kind of project to get represented in the CC,
Thanks,
Eric

hth,

Martin