eric b wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Le 5 oct. 08 à 15:53, Martin Hollmichel a écrit :
>
> Reading :
>
>> I think we need to revisit these guidelines and may invent a new
>> category like "OOo related" projects.
>
> and
>

>> Candidates for this project might be the [EMAIL PROTECTED] but also the
>> Extensions or the Education project.
>
> and
>

>> To encourage the creation of such projects I would like to see the
>> conditions for those project at a low level. At the same time this
>> also would mean that these project are also not in the scope of the
>> Community Council Charter (http://council.openoffice.org/
>> CouncilProposal.html).
>>

> Can you please explain me more about the consequences for the
> OpenOffice.org Education Project ( and for the other mentionned of
> course ) of such a change ?
> Means no longer be considered as OOo Project (even an incubator
> one) , but sort of new category nobody knows anything, named "OOo
> related" project ?
>
> For me , "Out of scope " sounds something like "dropped" out of
> OpenOffice.org Project, or " we don't want to manage that " or worse.

It's completely different. I see that as an attempt to fix something
before others could get picky about it.

I think Martin just wanted to point out that strictly speaking the
Extensions and the Education project don't match the criteria for the
only kinds of projets we currently have("accepted" and "native
language"). So malicious people could use that against these projects
and the leads of these projects could be seen as "second class" (though
nobody from us would like to see that happen).

As of course we want the mentioned projects to stay inside the whole OOo
project, Martin suggested to agree on adding another category of
projects that allow to give these (and perhaps other projects to come)
the same status as the "accepted" and "native language" projects.

Regards,
Mathias