Hi Stephan,

> So, back to good old manual merging:  Remember which files you moved
> in your CWS, and after every rebase, check whether they miss any
> changes to the original files.  Sigh.

With the additional hurdle that nobody will warn you about the lost
changes. If the compiler finds them, that's fine, but if you just lose a
small bug fix, then may not notice this at all.

> However, what worries me deeply is the "[not] true data loss" scenario
> upon svn merge --reintegrate described at
> <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.branchmerge.advanced.html#svn.branchmerge.advanced.moves
>
>  >.  A disaster waiting to happen, I would say.  Or am I missing
> something?

I tend to agree here. Just recently asked Heiner about this, and in my
opinion, both scenarios effectively mean we should completely ban "svn
move", as it has a pretty large potential to silently destroy our code base.

Which is a pity, as this is *the* feature of SVN which made it worth
suffering the additional complexity introduced with it.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -