Hi Andre,

Perhaps to use a build bots for CWS builds or for master builds here in
Hamburg could be a solution. But my intension is to search for all
requirements which are needed in build environment and want to find then
a solution. And I do not want to nail down now, that we have to use
build bots only on the request by QA community. Because I do not see
this request is valid (see my earlier mail in this thread).

Hmm? What request is not valid? That QA communitiy shoud be able to get somehow reliable builds from buildbots to be able to do CWS tests?

I will explain it again. I try to explain my future view of QA for CWSes
in different threads and also in my presentation at OOoCon 2008. But I
see, that my vision isn't really clear for all and therefore I try it
again.

1. Quality Assurance is different than Testing.

2. For quality assurance you need defined processes and a defined
   environment.

3. I want to have TestBots - or how ever you want to call it - with
   defined environment to check each CWS automatically or by manual
   trigger. On these BuildBots automated testing will run automatically
   on each CWS. Which automated testing has to be defined. Currently
   I know the tests with VCLTestTool are all open sourced. Other tooling
   like performance tests, API tests and other stuff isn't under my
   responsibility and therefore I cannot say, if this can be done also
   on the TestBots.

4. All results of TestBots will be stored in QUASTe and an quick
   overview (green or red status) will be stored in EIS. This will be
   the place, whe QA responsibilities or other interested people can
   have an overview about the general quality of a CWS or the Master.
   A quick comparison between CWS and Master will be available very
   soon. So that you can check if errors are in the CWS only or also
   on the corresponding Master.

5. The full automated process for CWS should be possible for all CWS.

6. It is needed to have builds from a defined build environment.
   Therefore BuildBots have to be defined, with which the automated
   tests can run stable and without other errors like the ones from Sun
   internal build environment. If this is a BuildBot like sun internal
   environment or anything different has to be checked.

7. When each CWS will be tested full automated the QA community and
   here included also the QA engineers in Hamburg, can concentrate
   on testing the new feature, checking the bug fixes etc.

8. The TestBots and the manual testing on a CWS should bring a high
   guarantee on general quality of a CWS and that should work for
   all CWSes (internal and external from Sun environment).

9. The TestBots should be installed inside or outside Sun envionment.
   So if an L10N community want to use such environment for their
   L10N testing it can copy such system(s).

If this request is not valid - what is the alternative (how would QA community get cws builds?)

TestBots should be the solution and I hope until mid of this year we
will habe first results.

Thorsten