Thorsten Ziehm wrote:
Hi Ingrid,

Ingrid Halama schrieb:
[...]
So I would like to see mandatory automatic tests that detect whether the important user scenarios still work properly, whether files are still rendered as they should, whether the performance of the office has not significantly decreased, .... . We have a lot tests already even if there is much room for improvement. In principle some of the tests are mandatory already, but this rule gets ignored very often.

What do you mean? There are mandatory tests and each tester in Sun QA
team run these tests on a CWS. You can check if your CWS is tested with
VCLTestTool in QUASTe [1].
There are more than the VCLTestTool tests. We have the performance tests and the UNO API test and the convwatch test. All those are in the responsibility of the developers. I think only convwatch is not mandatory.
Ingrid

On the other side the CWS policies [2] are that code changes can be
integrated and approved by code review only. Only the CWS owner and
the QA representative must be different. This was introduced to lower
the barrier for external developers. If you think, that this is a
reason for lower quality in the product, perhaps this policy has to be
discussed.

Thorsten

[1] : http://quaste.services.openoffice.org/
      Use 'search' for CWSs which are integrated or use the CWS-listbox
      for CWSs which are in work.
[2] : http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/CWS_Policies

Sun Microsystems GmbH
Nagelsweg 55, D-20097 Hamburg