Hi Caolan,

Caolán McNamara a écrit :

Do we have logs of the exact gcc compile and link calls between "pass" and
"fail".

For the moment, I don't have both logs, but only the failing one. I have searched on EIS, but we no longer have the list of cws's added between m59 and m60 ( starts at m61 now :/ )

Perhaps sometime around there some -Bsymbolic changes went
in, or some extra visibility flags (don't think so) were added which
triggered the underlying foo. Though it might just have been that some
method randomly got large or small enough to run through a different
optimization path.

Maybe, I'll continue to check. Currently set | grep VISIBILITY returns nothing.

mips uses the -Os opt (probably copied from the Intel one originally),
which is one of the less travelled gcc optimization routes as -O2 is the
typical optimization. Using -O2 is worth a shot as an experiment as
well, as are turning off visibility.

Ok, you're right. got -Os, so let's search elsewhere.

Testing the other -march possibilities, I found something strange.After doing linux32 chroot, in solenv/inc/unxlngmips.mk, I added
"ARCH_FLAGS += -march=from-abi -mtune=mips1"

=> build fails with the input error we know

then I tested :
ARCH_FLAGS += -march=from-abi -mtune=mips2
=> fails too

*but*

ARCH_FLAGS += -march=mips2 -mtune=mips2

and comphelper builds ok (same using-march=mips2 -mtune=mips1).

To summarize, it seems that the important is really -march=mips2 or mips3, but *not* mips1. Not sure the binary will work or crash though, (and the other workaround, building --with-system-alloc is a bit puzzling me too)

Does it mean there is something 64 bits needed, even if the user's space is 32 bits (as i understood) ? Last, why does not from-abi work either ?

Thanks again for your time,
Eric

--
Education Project: