Hi,

On 24.06.2010 11:17, Bartosz wrote:
Hi.

What do you think about replace macro "FASTBOOL" with "bool"?
http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/DEV300_m83/tools/inc/tools/solar.h#FASTBOOL

For now the FASTBOOL is defined as:
   typedef int                  FASTBOOL;

Maybe we should change it to (or remove this macro):
   typedef bool                         FASTBOOL;

It was done, because "int" was faster than "bool".
More info:
http://cboard.cprogramming.com/cplusplus-programming/119320-bool-vs-int-faster.html

Modern compilers are very smart, and I think we should leave optimization to
them.

What do you think about this idea?

The idea is so good that someone is already working on it. :-)
There is ongoing work to replace a lot of ancient types like BOOL, USHORT etc. by sal_... types, with the exception that BOOL/FASTBOOl will be replaced by bool.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".