Hi Rony,

2010/8/16 Rony G. Flatscher <rony.flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>:
> Hi there,
>
> not sure whether this is the correct e-mail list. If not please advise,
> which one would be the appropriate one.

I think the users list is the better place, but I'm not 100 % sure
about this myself. ;)

> An observation, two questions ad the OOo installateion packages on
> "http://download.openoffice.org/index.html"; when entered from a German,
> 32-bit Ubuntu system:
>
>    * the package (3.2.1) just has an "update" script, but not an
>      "install" script which makes it very cumbersome to install the
>      genuine OOo from all the individual packages in the DEB
>      subdirectory (after having removed the Ubuntu version of OOo
>      beforehand): where could one find/locate the appropriate "install"
>      script?

Isn't it just enough to go into the directory and use the command

dpkg -i *.deb (or something similar, I've never had a Debian-based system).

With rpm or urpmi you can just do this, and the installer figures out,
what to install first.

>    * does the genuine OOo install into /opt on Fedora or SuSE as well?

I can tell you, that on Mandriva OOo installs itself into /opt, so I
would expect a similar behaviour on Fedora and SuSE as well, since the
rpm-packages are all the same. ;)

> Maybe a last question: which Linux distributions are known to be 100%
> compatible in their Java interfaces to OOo with the genuine OOo ?

Sorry, but here I have no answer for you.

Sigrid