On 21/08/2010 23:57, rony wrote:
> Hi René,
>
> sorry that it took a while to get back, but I got totally carried away
> changing/enhancing the installation scripts and had to get everything
> into sync again, before coming back to check out and analyze the problem
> with the Ubuntu distribution.
>
> Here's to what boils it down:
>
>     * Using latest 64-bit Ubuntu, having everything updated to today,
>     * Running an ooRexx script which uses the OOo/UNO Java bridge to
>       interact with OOo, yielding the following error:
>
>         40 *-* xContext = UNO.connect()         -- connect to server and
>     retrieve the XContext object
>     REX0040E: Error 40 running /usr/bin/UNO.CLS line 1804:  Incorrect
>     call to routine
>     REX0634E: Error 40.900:  BSF4ooRexx/routine/BSF(), error 3: Java
>     exception occurred: [org.apache.bsf.BSFException: /// Java-exception
>     (RexxAndJava) occurred:
>     [java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException], g*etCause():
>     [java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
>
> com.sun.star.lib.connections.pipe.PipeConnection.createJNI(Ljava/lang/String;)I*]

i think i remember this error... it is caused by not finding some URE
dynamic libraries, like libjpipe.so.
the Java UNO bridge apparently uses native code via JNI for some things.

>     \\\?BSF4ooRexx subfunction "invoke": object
>     'java.lang.cl...@593d93f4' - method [FINDINTERFACEWITHMEMBER],
>     method not found or error (exception) executing method!]
>
> Uninstalling the Ubuntu OOo and instead installing the genuine OOo,
> downloaed from http://OpenOffice.org/download, installing it and running
> the very same program works without an error!
>
> In the case it matters, here is the CLASSPATH setting for the Ubuntu OOo:
>

> /opt/BSF4ooRexx/bsf-v400-20090910.jar:/opt/BSF4ooRexx/bsf-rexx-engine.jar:.::/usr/lib/openoffice/program/../basis-link/ure-link/share/java/ridl.jar:/usr/lib/openoffice/program/../basis-link/ure-link/share/java/jurt.jar:/usr/lib/openoffice/program/../basis-link/ure-link/share/java/juh.jar:/usr/lib/openoffice/program/../basis-link/program/classes/unoil.jar:/usr/lib/openoffice/progra

on a Ubuntu box here the libraries seems to be in /usr/lib/ure/lib/libjpipe.so

so try adding "/usr/lib/ure/lib/" to CLASSPATH, see if that helps.

--
"I wish you success, and may your lambdas always beta reduce." -- dons