Hi,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 06:49:24PM +0200, rony wrote:
> (Due to a package that excercises the Java-UNO-bridge I have stumbled
> over Ubuntu's distro which seems to be broken in that area and read

Where exactly? (Ubuntu borrows my packages and breaks them at times,
but what you experience could also be bug in Debian, so...)

> about other distributions that at least used to cripple OOo by removing
> some if not all of the genuine Java support).

"used to" is right, I think nowadays all ship it compiled with OpenJDK
at least on "mainstream" architectures. (Or use Sun JDK, which truly free
distros of course cannot use).

Grüße/Regards,

René