On 23.08.2010 14:09, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:42:22AM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
>
>> i think i remember this error... it is caused by not finding some URE
>> dynamic libraries, like libjpipe.so.
>> the Java UNO bridge apparently uses native code via JNI for some things.
>>
> Then that is a bug in the bridge or the extension itself IMHO ...

The extension just employs the Bootstrap class if invoked outside of OOo.

>> n a Ubuntu box here the libraries seems to be in /usr/lib/ure/lib/libjpipe.so
>>
>> so try adding "/usr/lib/ure/lib/" to CLASSPATH, see if that helps.
>>
> ... because ure-link is exactly what points to that /usr/lib/ure thing.
> Anything which assumes that the ure is inside the OOo dir is wrong;
> the only valid assumption is that *ure-link* is. That's how the three-layewr
> OOo interface was defined.

What would be the easiest way to re-install the Ubuntu-OOo after
deinstalling the genuine OOo?
(Or do I have to go through Synaptic manager and check all sort of
modules (with the risk that I am overlooking an important one, given
that the OOo related modules seem to be quite dispersed.)

---rony