Hi René,

On 07.06.2011 09:56, Rene Engelhard wrote:

... cut ...

> rene@frodo:~$ find /usr/lib/libreoffice/ -name "unoinfo*"
> /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/unoinfo
> rene@frodo:~$ less /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/unoinfo
>
> in Debian, is that what you mean?
>
> If yes, then it's interesting why Ubuntu doesn't package it, yes. If not,
> there's nothing either Debian or Ubuntu broke.

Well, Bjoern Michaelsen said so.

As it just happens (an Ubuntu machine got X11 troubles after an update
to a system which has gnome and kde desktops installed, which was so
bad, that I had to reinstall Ubuntu from scratch :( ), this very moment
I got a "baby-fresh" installation of Ubuntu 11.04.

"unoinfo" is there, so what Bjoern said is not true.

Having the chance to look at a plain vanilla Ubuntu installation, I
checked for the existence of all the necessary jars that get listed by
"unoinfo java" and interestingly "unoil.jar" is missing! Did a "locate
unoil.jar" after an "updatedb", but it is not installed. So this is
probably the culprit on Ubuntu (assuming that your Debian installation
package has it), breaking the office.

BTW, René,  where could one download your version of the deb package to
test it?

---rony