On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 11:03:00AM +0200, rony wrote:
> "unoinfo java" and interestingly "unoil.jar" is missing! Did a "locate
> unoil.jar" after an "updatedb", but it is not installed. So this is

Obviously totally untrue. I don't think Ubuntu removed unoil.jar, that
would break everything Java-ish.

Did you install libreoffice-java-common? (Reading helps.) That one
contains the "common" Java atuff (except the URE Java components, which
are in URE)
(a apt-file search or a search on packages.debian.org/.ubuntu.com would
have shown you where unoil.jar is)

As Java is not a "must-have", it was, is, and always will be in an
optional package.

> probably the culprit on Ubuntu (assuming that your Debian installation
> package has it), breaking the office.

I am 100% sure Ubuntu also has it.
What breaks here is that you cannot properly use your package manager.

> BTW, René,  where could one download your version of the deb package to
> test it?

Debian. Where else?

Grüße/Regards,

René