On Aug 8, 2012, at 11:36 PM, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Is it for performance reasons that you prefer to switch from Javassist to
> ASM (http://swapnil84.wordpress.com/2009/09/01/asm-vs-javassist/) ?

Pretty much.  Slower, consumes more memory and generally overkill.  The code to
create a subclass with ASM is basically one class -- two or three if you want
to get fancy.

> What
> could be the impact for existing projects (or side effect) when they will
> upgrade to a "refactored" version of OpenWebbeans using ASM and not longer
> javassist ?

Certainly no impact to user code.  If someone has some very deep OWB
integration code that digs right down into the proxy layer, they're welcome to
speak up.  We can easily hold the show and discuss.

-David