Hi Gurkan,

very good question ;)

We actually debated more places - think half of the discussion was on IRC
but there was a thread there as well.

Let me try to summurize it.

First of all a quick reminder: meecrowave is first OWB+Tomcat+CXF (before
being microprofile which is just a buzz word today and doesn't mean more
than this). Said otherwise it is the core of any potential server today in
a smooth fashion (embeddable, presetup etc).

Then in term of where to do it:

- incubator: community will be OWB and/or Tomcat and/or CXF -> no point to
create a new project with the same community (we kind of get this as an
issue for several EE sub projects so we tried to avoid it)
- Tomcat: not their philosophy and goal to do more than tomcat scope
(JAX-RS and CDI are clearly out of their bounds)
- CXF: would be a good place but CDI stays core of meecrowave and not their
central knowledge yet
- TomEE: no real force there and TomEE has a few big pitfalls like being
associated with a full blown server which make most of its subprojects
eliminated before being evaluated even if not accurate
- OWB: Tomcat/OWB integration is a real plus for OWB, CXF is likely a "?"
but the CXF part is not that much in meecrowave, most of the code is
Tomcat/OWB integration and config

We had the first discusiion on http://markmail.org/thread/vh6x3u7yt6ex2fp2
IIRC

Romain Manni-Bucau