+1 to Chetan's points. I raised similar points before - even with respect
to the API there are some things we would like to change, some of the
internal interfaces, and the testing interfaces as well.

I'd rather start with < 1.0 also and work up to a 1.0 release - I think we
are all as contributors really proud of what we've built but 1.0 is special
and we should hold it back.

For reference, https://kafka.apache.org/downloads

-r

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com