Sorry, I was not able to attend the meeting. Let me put some notes here:

2. We have been fighting with compatibility issues for a while now. That's
why we introduced japicmp. I can see many exclusions in the master pom. I
think we should investigate if these exclusions cause any issues before the
next release. We should avoid excluding code from the compatibility checker
even if it seems reasonable because they tend to be kept there from release
to release.

3. Let's call it parquet-mr 2.0. "Parquet" might be confusing since this
mailing list is used for both parquet-mr and parquet-format.
I think the main requirement for parquet-mr 2.0 would be to have it
"standalone". The core should contain an API that is able read/write
parquet files at different levels. It should be released in a way that it
does not bring any dependencies. (What is required should be shaded.) We
can even start developing the new API in a separate module under parquet-mr
1.x, so our clients can play with it and give feedback.

Xinli shang <sha...@uber.com.invalid> ezt írta (időpont: 2024. ápr. 23., K,
16:31):