>From my perspective I agree, that I don't think there is benefit of moving
parquet C++ out of arrow given what it would actually cost to make clean
boundaries.  I also don't think it will hurt iteration speed.

I think the main challenge could be in compatibility testing, but Arrow has
solved this between implementations that live in different repositories so
I think the same solutions could apply for Parquet.