If we deem that it would be too hard to move it back for the moment, we
need at a minimum to clarify and reduce the confusion.
If practice doesn't match what the PMC voted on, we need to improve the
practice.
Do we have suggestions on improving that?
perhaps OWNERSFILE in the parquet folder in the arrow repo? (just an idea)