I agree. These are all major bugs and we should aim at solving them after
checking that they are still issues. I am +1 on 5833 and I think 5484 would
be a great addition to 4.16 as well. We should aim at resolving high
priority bugs like this in every release.

Sometimes we let these bugs slip without a resolution before a release,
citing that these are "known issues" or "not regressions from the last
release". In some cases this may be fine since we want to keep releases
light and frequent, but perhaps we can track such issues and aim at
reducing the number of bugs by x% in each release? This will also keep old
Jiras alive since we will potentially periodically review them.

--
Chinmay Kulkarni